Wow. I have been crazy busy. Work is great. Orientation week went well (lots of power point presentations, computer modules, blah blah blah) and I have now survived 4 12-hour shifts on the floor with my preceptor.
So far, we are in a section of the ER called "Medicine"...it's where more of the chronically ill, sicker than just a sinus infection type of patients get triaged to but they are not "critical"...so, no full cardiac arrrests of puddles of blood just yet! (That's in the "trauma" section). It's more like abdominal pain, out of control diabetes, shortness of breath, etc. I'm learning so much and have gotten to do a lot of neat stuff so far, as well as, sharpen some of my existing skills.
Speaking of learning, my preceptor is AWESOME!!!!! An answer to my prayers, for sure. She has been a nurse for about 20 years and has an extensive background in critical care, management, and teaching/preceptorship. She really knows how to approach and work with a brand new nurse like me! I am very confident that I will gain so much from her.
After driving to work in the dark this morning and coming in the dark tonight, this RN is exhausted. Just wanted to post something so you know I'm still out there lovin' every bit of this craziness called nursing!
Hope to get some new pictures and post some more this weekend...Hope everyone is well and enjoying 2010!
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Delighted to hear that all is going well....even if your feet do hurt!! Clearly you are loving every minute of it!! Glad you have a good mentor....that will make all the difference.
Looking forward to photos...of the party too.
Love
Margaret and all.
Post a Comment