Monday, February 8, 2010
Gettin' the hang of things...
This is kind of an exaggerated and humorous video but it is a hint of some of the antics we see in the ER. Of course, we do have many legitimately sick people but you always have to have some of those "entertaining" ones to keep us on our toes. It's sad actually...to see people so dependent on drugs to get through life. Just thought you would enjoy it. :)
In real world news, I am still loving my new job. The people I work with, my preceptor, the patients, the computer charting, the constant learning of wonderful new knowledge...everything!!! Best part...seeing my name under "Nurse" on our staff lists. Yay! Never gets old!! I have just finished up a rotation in "fast track." It's basically where people are seen for abdominal pain, urinary tract infections, minor lacerations, minor bumps and bruises from car accidents, etc... It's not the most complicated stuff I'll ever do but I have gotten lots of good practice with IV starts, lab draws, medication administration, and most importantly, patient management and prioritization. I can have as many as 8-12 patients assigned to me at one time and knowing what needs to be done first and who needs attention the most are crucial to a good flow (and happy doctors!). :)
On Wednesday I make the big step to TRAUMA!!! Keep me in your prayers...this is when it can get CRAZY...and of course, the blogs will get juicier! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment