Friday, November 13, 2009

This blog is going to need a new name soon!!


I have a job!! Yippee!!! This week, I was offered a position in the ER at Harris Methodist Fort Worth and I gladly accepted it. My start date is January 11, 2010 and there is so much to do between now and then...finish the semester, graduate, decorate/enjoy the holidays, study for the boards, PASS the boards, and of course I need to absorb the fact that I am going to work as a nurse in a fast-paced downtown emergency department! It's so exciting to think about all that I will experience next year but at the same time, I am already nervous and scared out of my mind.

I have 4 weeks left of schoolwork. Things are really starting to wind down and I couldn't be happier. I made a B on my cardiac test which was a huge burden off my back. We are studying neuro right now- traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, epilepsy, etc. Clinical has been great. I am on an Oncology floor and I am really enjoying it. Got to give a patient a platelet transfusion the other day for the first time! That was cool. I am also a pro at giving IV pain meds now after having a sickle cell patient. It's hard to believe that it's almost all over!

So, as you can see...I'm starting to wrap up the old and think about the new. Any ideas on what I should call my blog in 2010??? The journey is almost over!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Mary...WHAT ABSOLUTELY wonderful news....I am sooooo DELIGHTED for you. What a thrill to have a job to look foward to. Blog name??? Clearly E.R.Nurse
Many Many congratulations.....and posted on Friday 13th!!!!
Love from us all
margaret

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS soon-to-be ER nurse Mary!!! Great news about the job - delighted all the interviews paid off!!! No doubt Jason is delighted too!!!
Good luck for the last 4 week puch through to the end.
Lots of love Elaine, Gerard and Sarah xoxo

Leilanni said...

YAY!!! Congrats on your new position! What a blessing you will be to all your future patients. All those nights watching ER in the dorm room . . . did we really think this would end any other way?? lol!