Hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween and is nice and full of sugar!
Jason and I got together with our neighbors for a pre and post trick-or-treating party today/tonight. We grilled hot dogs, drank some wine, and then the parents and kids went on their candy hunts while Jason and I went back to our house to hand out candy.
Earlier in the day, I saw 6 y/o Bella outside. She asked me what I was dressing up as for Halloween. I told her that I didn't think I was going to be anything but myself. She replied, "you have to dress up! you could be a nurse!" What a great and easy idea. Why did it take a 6 year old to help me figure that out?!?!
All I needed was that one simple idea. If I would have had more time, it could have been even better but I only had about 3 hours to work with. I decided that if I was dressing up, so was Jason. He could be my patient. He needs a hospital gown. I don't just have those lying around the house but a robe will work! He needs IVs and foley catheters and bandages...I do actually have those lying around! (thanks to my first semester skills class). Then I was stumped as to how the bag of fluids for his IV would hang if I didnt have an IV pole. Aha! I used my critical thinking nursing skills and thought of that pole in my closet that has a hook on the end. It's used to pull down clothes from the top level (gotta love Texas closets!). Perfect!
Now it wasnt an award winning ensemble but I thought we looked pretty clever. The neighbors laughed and we all got a kick out of seeing each other dressed up. (Did you know Elvis is my next door neighbor?!?!) Anyways, the funniest part is that so many of our trick-or-treaters and some of their parents were genuinely unsure of Jason's condition. One little boy stared and one mom checked and made sure it was a costume before she laughed! What a great night!
Please say a prayer for me as I have THREE interviews this week and my big ugly cardiac test on Thursday. I'm getting ready to enter my last big push for the next couple of weeks and then it should be smooth sailing on through December 10!!
Stay tuned!
1 comment:
Both of you looking well.....despite Jason's medical condition!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck with the interviews.....and the final run in!!!!!!!!!! Almost there!!!
Margaret
Post a Comment