We had some special visitors this week at school. Our first fall meeting for TNSA (Texas Nursing Students Association) was held Wednesday. Each month we have a special speaker. This month was very exciting as a Care Flite nurse came and she brought the ultimate accessory...a helicopter! I felt like a kid again! Although I have no intentions of going into that field of nursing it is very interesting and you have to admire those that choose to serve us in that way. One of my classmates, Jody, is actually a Care Flite medic who is getting his RN to make more money with Care Flite. Once I finish school and get my license, I can apply to their Third Rider program and get to go up for an actual call with him. I won't be able to help or do anything but observe. It might be my graduation present to myself!
In other school news, my semester is off to a good start. I'll post more later...right now it's time to enjoy a 3 day weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment