Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to School!...for the very last time!


Schools are back in session as of Monday morning. My schedule puts me in clinicals all day Tuesdays and class on Thursdays and Fridays, so bright and early Tuesday morning I will be up and at 'em for my last first day! Yippee!!

I'm surprisingly kind of nervous about it. Not as bad as last semester but more so than I had been during the middle stretch. I think it's because I've had a 3 month break to let my brain go to mush and I'm afraid of how long it will take me to get back in the mix, plus the fact that I have that always-dreadful dosage calculation exam first thing on Tuesday. Pass/fail, 2 chances to make 90% or better, or I'm out. So far so good but the pessimist in me always comes shining through when it's time to take that test each semester. Say a prayer for me if you are the talkin-to-Jesus type.

The first unit in my Theory class will be Oncology which I am super stoked about. I can't wait to learn more about a field I hope to make my profession. As far as books go, I only had to spend about $90 for the final semester. Compared to $800 worth of books and supplies the first semester, that was a walk in the park! The hard part about nursing school is that it's not a good idea to get rid of books because we are always building upon previous knowledge and needing to use our old books as resources. Needless to say, I have quite the pile of "resources" for this grand finale of a semester! (thank God for all the extra space in our house!)

Stay tuned. I'll post later this week and let you know how it all goes. Happy Back to School time!!!

3 comments:

The Groves Family said...

Buena suerte on your last semester! Enjoy it all and get ready for the fun to really begin!!!

Margaret said...

Good luck for your last semester.
Hope the dosage calculation went well today. Not long to go now!!
Margaret

Jenna Storey said...

You know Mary, there is only one thing missing in your picture of supplies...a bottle of wine! :)