Wow, what a month! Sorry for the lack of updates but I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off!
In lecture news, I had my first test a couple of weeks ago. It was over the oncology unit and I made a 90!!! I was super excited as oncology is what I'd like to go into. Now we are studying endocrine and renal (hormones and kidneys...snooore!!). Our lecture instructors have been amazing so far so that has definitely helped me stay tuned in (and the fact that I purposefully sit in the front row to make myself pay attention). :)
My clinical rotation is going okay. My instructor is a little spacey which has made it a bit harder to get comfortable. I'm at Harris Methodist in downtown Fort Worth. It's fun being in a big downtown hospital, sort of reminds me of my days at MSK in New York. I'm on the renal floor right now...not really my thing, except for the kidney transplant patient I took care of a couple of weeks ago...that was cool! Did you know that you can put a right kidney in a person who needs a new left kidney???Next up, oncology and ER! Things should definitely start getting better!
The highlight of the final semester is starting all of the paperwork to apply for my RN license and take the state boards after graduation. I had to get fingerprinted and practically promise the state of Texas my first born child but all the work is soo worth it. Most importantly, I have started my job search!!! I had an interview with UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas last week and I have another one with Baylor All Saints in Fort Worth on October 5th. They are both for jobs on the oncology unit (yay!). Stay tuned in October and I'll be sure to let you know what happens. As you can imagine, Jason loooves the fact that I'll be working again soon...but then again, so do I!
I promise I'll be better about posting...just trying to stay on top of my schoolwork so I can hurry up and graduate!!! If you're looking for something to do in the meantime, please say a prayer for me and my job hunt. Lots of exciting, yet important, decisions to make.
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Soooo Delighted to hear all your news....AND your super marks Mary. Well Done!! Good luck with the job search....you deserve to get something VERY soon. Will keep you in prayers until you do! Enjoy the last semester...even with all the study and the interviews.
Love From All the Caugheys
Mary, Great to hear about the great exam results and that you can finally see the end in sight. We are keeping you in our thoughs as you job hunt and look forward tho hearing some good news soon. Good luck for the final push towards graduation and registration. Lots of love Elaine, Gerard and Sarah xoxoxo
Post a Comment