So my final was 2 weeks ago and I'm just now getting around to letting you all know how I finished up for the semester. My final went well but I did wind up with a B in Theory. I'm convinced that it is darn near impossible to make an A in Theory! Also, I made my first B in Clinical. Boo. Although the blow was softened by the fact that I knew that my instructor rarely gives out As, if ever, I was still sort of bummed to get my grade. Her belief is that, because OB is only an 8 week rotation, that she doesn't feel that any of us can make it to an independent level which is basically what an A in clinical means, that you can work safely and independently. Oh well, I'm done. Another semester under my belt. And guess what? Only one more to go!!!
So now it is summer time. I swear I have been busier in the last 2 weeks since school got out than I was before! Keno night at my house, work, visits from the in-laws...Should be a fun break for me but I'm certainly looking forward to August 24th when I begin my last semester of nursing school!
The picture is of me with some of my classmates from our OB/Pedi semester. We went out the night after our final to celebrate making it through a very tough semester (hence the shot glasses):) We are now one step closer.
I'll be sure to keep you updated throughout the summer. You know me, I'm never lacking in the excitement department. :)
Oh, and in case you are wondering, my friend Susan, (see last post), is doing well. She is now 32 1/2 weeks pregnant and doing well on bedrest. The prayers are definitely working.
3 comments:
Your OB/GYN experience was more fun than you expected and with April to watch over, you are getting some first hand experience.
We are so proud of what you have accomplished and now with only one semester left, we are looking forward to the big graduation party in December.
Good Luck and enjoy your summer off and a few vacations planned, too.
Love from MOM
Well done Mary on successfully completing your penultimate semester. Imagine only one more to go. You should be very proud of yourself. Hope you manage to get some free time in the summer.
Love from all The Caughey clan
Wow! Just one semester to go??!!! Yay!! :-)
Post a Comment