Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Carlee's Arrival!


My friend, Susan, who spent nearly 8 weeks on bedrest at Medical City Dallas had her baby girl Monday morning, June 15, at 10:19am. She weighed a chunky 5 lbs even and was 18 inches long. Susan was 35 weeks and 2 days along so the baby did enough growing and is happy and healthy in the newborn nursery, not the NICU!

After another scary bleed late Sunday night, the doctors decided to go ahead and schedule the C-section for Monday morning. God's blessings have been all over this ordeal. Not only did He keep mom and baby safe for almost 8 weeks in the hospital, He made it possible for Craig (Susan's hubby/Carlee's dad) to be present for the big event. With Susan's condition, there was a possibility of an emergency C-section that could have made it difficult for Craig to arrive in time as he is at least 45 mins away from the hospital. Our prayers have all been answered for this wonderful family!

Mom and baby will be coming home Thursday. I'm sure we'll all be over at their house this weekend ooohing and aaahing over the newest member of our Sunday school class...I'm really sure Susan will be glad to finally be leaving the hospital and that Craig will be relieved to have his ladies home safe and sound! :)

1 comment:

Leilanni said...

I love reading stories like this!! I don't know your friends but I totally want to give them a big hug and praise God for them! Well, I can do that last one at least :-)