Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Boy have times changed!!


Back in my college days at Texas Tech, I would have been ecstatic at the thought of an "ice day"...woohoo! No school! Let's party! Not anymore. This morning when they closed my campus due to the "winter weather" I was not happy. For 2 reasons- I was already halfway there and I'm also supposed to have my first Theory test next Tuesday. This Pediatrics class is only 8 weeks so we don't exactly have a lot of extra time. Hopefully I will hear something from my instructor soon as to what changes might be made. I'll have to admit, I did spend most of my free day relaxing with my pup. I'll be hitting the books again tonight. (what can i say? i'm a night owl!) It was fun today to reflect on how much I've changed...My education and success is so important to me!

Oh by the way, we so could have had school today! My class was only from 8am-noon and the roads were still fine at noon. Ugghhh...Texas weather!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe now you can attend Dad's award event, tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 4.
Sorry about being iced in. You and the pup got some serious studying done??????