Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back to School and Back to Blogging!



Hi Friends!
Well, after an unplanned break from blogging, I am back! Coincidentally, so is school! Tomorow is the big day. This semester is called "Adult" and will focus on the Medical/Surgical setting in the hospital. Our theory classes will focus mostly on disease processes. Even though it will be challenging, I am looking forward to learning more about specific diseases.
My summer semester in Psychiatric Nursing went by quickly and successfully. I am definitely not interested in the Mental Health field of Nursing but I feel like I learned a lot about dealing with mental illness as well as psychotropic drugs which apparently everyone takes (i.e. antidepressants). The best part was that I earned 2 A's...a 4.0!!!!
My job has been going great. I am so glad to be working at the hospital and my summer experience has been invaluable. I can't wait to see how it helps me this semester in my clinicals.
In non-nursing news, I turned 30 on August 7th. I celebrated with a 70's party at our house. Here's some pics to make you laugh, one is of me and Jason and the other is me with some of my nursing school friends. More posts to come! Thanks for your patience over the summer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun, enjoy, and Good Luck in the fall semester.
We love hearing your stories about the hospital.
Love from Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Delighted to see your updates back again....I missed them. Enjoy the semester. Congratulations on your great results. Hope all continues to go well.... and that you had a happy 3rd Wedding Anniversary.
Margaret... and all the Caugheys