Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Off to a very good start in OB...

I turned down quality neighbor time both Friday and Saturday nights to study. The laundry has piled up and my poor husband hasn't had a home-cooked meal in at least a week. Today, it all paid off. I had my first OB test and made a 94!!!!! I got 71 of 75 questions correct! This class isn't supposed to be as hard as Pediatrics but I was a bit worried about getting off to a good start because my Theory class only has 2 grades- Test 1 and Test 2. Not a lot of wiggle room exactly. Needless to say, I can rest easy tonight knowing that I only need a 52 to pass the class. Don't get me wrong, I won't settle for just a C. Because I did so well, I'm feeling a bit greedy...maybe I can swing an A?!?!?! Just gotta keep up the good work for 4 more weeks.

Last week's clinical day was another good one. I was in the Newborn Nursery. I got to do an initial assessment on a brand new baby girl, as well as give several first baths, and a couple of Hepatits B vaccines. Nothing overly exciting but it was good to actually see the things I've been reading about in action. I've been learning so much!

I'm exhausted. Time to go catch up on my Z's and then get started on all that laundry!

3 comments:

Love from MOM said...

Leo and Grandma are very proud of our nursing student Mary on her grade of a 94.
Just love the fact that you got to give that baby its first bath. We are very proud of you and wish you more good luck in the next 4 weeks.

Margaret said...

DELIGHTED to see all has been going so well...lots of great new experiences, which you are obviously enjoying. GREAT result too.....well done you....all the hard work is paying off. Sounds like Obs and G could be your thing!!!! Enjoy the rest of it.
Love from
The Caugheys in Ireland.

Leilanni said...

Wowsers - great job!!!

And how sweet to be able to give several first baths . . .awwwww!

Um - will you come do my laundry too??? :-)