

The good news is that there is only 3 weeks left of this semester (boy did time fly!). The bad news is that there is A LOT do in just 3 weeks!
Right now I am trying to finish up my Nursing Care Study which is a huge assignment we do each semester. Basically we have to ask our patient a bunch of questions about their perception of their illness, their health practices, etc. We analyze it all as well as write out a care plan with 3 nursing diagnoses for our patient. I know that sounds like a bunch of mumbo jumbo to most of you but take my word, it's very time consuming! When it's all said and done, I will turn in about 20 pages worth of work! I'm hoping to do well enough to maybe secure an A in clinical. In other clinical news, not much has been happening at the hospital. My instructor did arrange for me to get some time on the oncology unit this last week. It seemed a lot like a regular med-surg floor for the most part but I guess that is where I would need to start anyway to work my way up in the oncology world. I will spend my last 3 clinical days on the orthopedics floor- hopefully I can get in a sterile dressing change as I have not had the opportunity to do that yet. We will be done with our clinical days by Thanksgiving break and will just do some wrap-up business at school once we come back, including an informal IV skills check-off which I think I'm good on that.
In Theory, I made a 76 on the Gastrointestinal/Genitourinary exam. It was hard! I thought the Cardiac exam was supposed to be the hardest but this one was definitely tougher. Hopefully I am still on track for a B in Theory. We have moved on to the Neuro/Ortho unit now- studying strokes, comas, and a little bit of orthopedics. I have that unit exam on Dec. 3 and then a comprehensive final on Dec. 8 so there is still plenty of studying left to do!
I have posted a couple of pics of my clinical group from this semester. It's been a good group- we have not bonded as closely as I did with my group from last semester but I have enjoyed being with them. Most of all, my instructor has been fabulous. She holds us very accountable for our education but also really wants us to do well. It's a great combo!
Unless something really exciting happens, I probably won't post until after Thanksgiving. Hope everyone has a Happy Turkey Day!
2 comments:
While you are in that ortho floor, check about my knee. It still bothers me.
Nice going with the pix and all.
Love from MOM
Glad all con tinues to go well....and another semester nearly over....time is flying by! Hope the December exams go well...and that you can then relax and enjoy Christmas.
Love from all your Irish Family.
Margaret
Post a Comment