Sunday, May 4, 2008

One more test!




As promised, here's a picture of my clinical group. The silly picture really captures our fun personalities, it's been a fun group. I have more from our dinner celebration we had after our last day of clinical but I still have to download them onto the computer. More to come!

My Theory final is Tuesday morning...I am so ready to be done with it! My other two classes are complete...I made an A in Clinical (woohoo!) and a B in Skills. I was a little disappointed about my B in Skills as I should have made an A. I had exactly a 90 up until last Tuesday's Wound Care evaluation when I didn't exactly do too well on the check-off. I made an 86 which isn't terrible but it was enough to drop me to a B. Oh well, I can revel in my A in Clinical instead!

Last Tuesday was definitely the most stressful day of nursing school thus far. We had the ATI test and the wound care skills check-off. Our instructors just put so much pressure on us to do well on the ATI test and there was so much material to learn. I have never been so nervous and freaked out about a test! I made a 73.3 so I passed and was able to breathe again. My wound care evaluation was that afternoon and my nerves were just so shot from that morning's test that it caused me to make some stupid mistakes (hence the 86).

Now I just have to survive one more test on Tuesday morning. We are capping off the end of the semester with a BBQ at my house that afternoon...looking forward to letting loose! :)

I'll be back later this week to recap on my first semester! Have a good week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope the test went really well Mary and that you were able to celebrate the end of the semester appropriately!!! Do have a little break before starting work .... remember "all work and no play....". great to keep up with all your news.....and to know how WONDERFULLY you have done. We are all proud of you.
Margaret