Well, what started as a potentially exciting day turned out to not be...I was the "3rd rider" on a Careflite helicopter on Monday, riding along with a friend from nursing school, Jody. Jody has been a Careflite paramedic for many years. He knows everything!! (he was a good person to know in nursing school, thats for sure!)
He and his flight nurse had a good call right before I got there in the morning but the rest of the day was dead silent! I kept teasing him, telling him to check his radio and make sure it was working. haha! :)
Staying true to Texas form, thunderstorms started developing in the afternoon and we needed to take the chopper to shelter. So, my 5 minute ride for the day was just over to the Dallas Love Field airport hangar. It was exciting, nonetheless and our very nice pilot made sure I got some nice views of downtown Dallas.
Since I never got to go out on an actual call, I will be able to reschedule my ride-along and I hope to do it soon...that quick 5 minute ride was a teaser and i'm ready for a real one! Flight nursing is exciting!
1 comment:
Love the pictures.....and the very attractive helmet!!! Pity you did not get to fly to the rescue of someone....but your day will come! Glad you are enjoying being a working nurse!
Love
Brian & Margaret ..and all
Post a Comment