The wrath of Pediatrics has begun! I had heard the rumors but successfully survived test 1...then today came...test 2. Not so pretty. Let me set the scene.
I left all of last weekend wide open to soak in all that wonderful information so I could have a great test day on Tuesday...Then- Saturday morning. 6:10am. Face down. In the toilet. No, I wasn't drinking the night before. (Remember? I was studying all weekend). My gastroenteritis 1 year old had successfully passed on the bug to me. Fortunately the worst was over in several hours but it always takes a good day or two to feel like yourself again. I must give much thanks to "Grandma" and "Pops" Judge who took Leo back to their funhouse for a couple of days of spoiling while I recovered and tried to catch up on all the studying. Jason, too! He was a great nurse and loved blending ice cubes so I could at least try and hold down ice chips for some hydration. Maybe he should go to nursing school! haha! Wouldn't that be a funny blog?! :) Anyways, I managed to squeeze in a bunch of studying and even went through a ton of NCLEX review questions (6 hours worth!!) with my classmate Rachel last night.
Got to school this morning feeling knowledgeable and ready to be tested...well that was until about the second or third question out of 50! The test was haaarrrddd! It was the kind of test that we heard our instructor likes to give. You know, the one where you read all the material, study it hard, and yet feel like you know none of it?! I made a 64! Holy cow, that's not good, I thought. I felt a little better when I was able to discuss grades with some of my classmates who didn't well either...amazingly my 64 was one of the better grades. (Shouldn't that be a clue to my instructor???)
After my instructor reviewed the test, I did get 6 points back which bumped up my test grade to 70. I'm one of the lucky ones. There are a lot of good students who are in serious danger of failing because of this test. It's just not fair that a Pediatrics course can have so much influence on the success or failure of a nursing student. Our final test is in two weeks so I will let you know how it goes...and how many people are still around for it.
Not much to report from the clinical side of things. I am just counting down the days until the end of this class...and to Spring Break!
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Grandma and Pops enjoyed having Leo here. He keeps us from sitting on the couch. He is so smart and it is hard to fool him anymore. But a treat promised, gets him to do anything we want. Happy to hear that your grade was upped to a 70 though.
Love from Mom and Pops
Poooooooooooor you....how unfair to be so ill just before an important test......glad you got the upgrade...I am CERTAIN it was well deserved. Just remember only a few weeks of this particular module to go.....you WILL survive!!!!
Love from The Caugheys...and ALL THREE of the Monans!!
Post a Comment