3 weeks down, many more to go. But like I said, I am celebrating all of the small victories each day and week.
On Monday, we had our hospital orientation at North Hills. We learned more about where we'll be and what we'll be doing...basically we'll rotate around on the surgical, medical, physical rehab, and progressive care units. I've been out of the hospital environment for more than 18 months now but after our orientation, I am so greatful for my time at Sloan-Kettering. During my time there, I learned so much about patient confidentiality (gotta love HIPAA!), patient safety, and just basic hospital operations. These are things we also have to know about so I feel like it's at least one less thing for me to worry about knowing. My experience makes me feel more comfortable in my new settings.
In Skills Lab on Tuesday, I had my first skills checkoff. Sure it was super informal and not for a grade, but I nailed it!:) We had to show our instructor how to properly wash hands and put on sterile gloves. If only it was always going to be that easy! Now we are starting medication administration...injections next week!
Today's clinical class included lessons on urinary and fecal elimination...I'll be nice and not elaborate on that one too much. :)
My first test is next Tuesday in my Theory class. A bunch of us are getting together a couple of times this weekend to study together at Starbucks. Nothing like a $5 cup of coffee to aid in the learning process!
I'll keep you posted as to how I do on the test. Have a good Super Bowl Weekend!
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just a quick message to say good luck with the test this week......I am sure it will go well. So glad you are clearly so happy.
Love from All the Caugheys
Post a Comment